Assalamualikum mufti sab hope you are well
i would like ask three questions please answer it briefly
1) Mufti sab can we do salam to a NON - MEHRAM.
2) 2nd question is about TRADING in stock market. i.e., can we take active part in buying and selling of share in stock market.
3) Third is about earnings of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT (CA) in india.
please answer the above questions briefly.
بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم
الجواب وباللہ التوفیق
1. It is not permissible for a stranger man and woman to greet each other. If there is a need or if women are old, it is possible.
عن یحیی بن أبی کثیر قال: بلغنی انہ یکرہ أن یسلم الرجل عن النساء، والنساء علی الرجل... قلت العطاء: ااسلم علی النساء قال : ان کن شواب فلا۔ (شعب الایمان للبیھقی باب فی مقاربۃ وموادۃ أھل الدین : ۶؍۴۶۰، رقم ۸۸۹۶ ، م بیروت)
ولا یکلم الا جنبیۃ الا عجوزاً عطست او سلمت فیشمتھا ویرد السلام علیھا والآ لا (قولہ والالا )
ای وان لا تکن عجوزاً بل شابۃ ً لا یشمتھا ولا یرد السلام بلسانہ (درمختار والشامی ج۵ ص ۳۲۴ ایضاًفصل فی البیع)
2. Wherever the stock market system is established, it usually consists of interest transactions, so where there is an interest transaction, there is no scope for it. In addition, there are other conditions, they are allowed to buy shares with discounts. Those conditions are as follows:
a. The company whose shares are being bought and sold does physically exist and is not registered on paper only. Total assets of the company should have both movable and immovable assets and should not only be in the form of cash.
b. The products of this company should not be haraam according to sharia, for example: alcohol or other prohibited items.
c. In buying and selling of shares, all the terms and conditions of buying and selling should be observed in line with Shariah rules. One of the important factors is that after buying shares, they must become the property of the buyer, only after that they can be sold. Shares should not be resold before the buyer's ownership is fully established and acquired.
d. If the company conducts interest transactions, it should be abandoned, and a voice should be raised against it in the annual meeting against disapproval and rejection of interest transactions.
e. When the profit is distributed, the share of profit earned from the interest deposit should be given as charity without intention of reward.
f. Dividends earned should be distributed among the total shareholders, none of the profits should be saved.
g. Avoid being involved in any direct or indirect interest and gambling agreement in buying and selling of shares.
In compliance with the above conditions, it would be permissible to trade in shares. If those conditions are not met it would not be permissible to trade in those shares as it would be an illegal business.
قال رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ لا تبع مالیس عندک (سنن ابی داؤد: ۲؍۴۹۵)
عن الحسن بن علی رضی اللہ عنھما: دع ما یریبک الی ما یریبک ۔(سنن الترمذی،الترغیب والترھییب: ۳۹۶)
3. It is a sin to lie and write in an accountant’s job application, which should be avoided as much as possible. An accountant’s job involves calculation and dealing in interest and this too is not allowed in Shari'ah. Therefore, instead of this job, you should look for another lawful and clean job.
فقط واللہ اعلم بالصواب