Alhamdulillah, I am able to do my ammi's khidmat. I wanted to understand what are some benefits of doing a parents khidmat that is of age? Please let me know so I can do more and know how I can win the pleasure of Allah SWT. Jazakallah Khair.
بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم
الجواب وباللہ التوفیق
The service of parents is a matter of great bliss. May the Almighty Allah (SWT) accept it. Some of the virtues of their service are given below:
رِضَا اللهِ مِنْ رِضَا الْوَالِدَيْنِ، وَسَخَطُ اللهِ مِنْ سَخَطِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ
(۷۴۴۵ :شعب الایمان)
الادب المفرد: باب برالام : ۴
2. Treat your parents well, your children will treat you well.
بَرُّوا آباءَكُمْ تَبَرُّكُمْ أَبْنَاؤُكُمْ
(مستدرکِ حاکم:باب من اسمہ احمد:۱۰۰۲)
3. It is known from some Prophetic Traditions that the service of parents is more beloved in the sight of Allah (SWT) than even Jihad for the sake of Allah (SWT) - (Sahih Bukhari: 3004)
4. Good treatment of parents is one of the most beloved deeds in the sight of Allah (SWT).
5. Whoever does good to his parents, there are glad tidings for him and Allah (SWT) will increase his age.
مَنْ بَرَّ وَالِدَيْهِ طُوبَى لَهُ زَادَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فِي عُمْرِه
( (الادب المفرد:۲۲)
6. A person who wants his age to be blessed and his provisions to be increased, should be kind and merciful to his parents and maintain ties of kinship with his relatives.
مَنْ أَحَبَّ أَنْ يُمَدَّ لَهُ فِي عُمْرِهِ، وَأَنْ يُزَادَ لَهُ فِي رِزْقِهِ، فَلْيَبَرَّ وَالِدَيْهِ، وَلْيَصِلْ رَحِمَهُ (مسندِ احمد:۱۳۴۰۱)
فقط واللہ اعلم بالصواب