Monday | 02 October 2023 | 16 Rabiul-Awal 1445
Gold NisabSilver NisabMahr Fatimi

Fatwa Answer

Question ID: 140 Category: Miscellaneous
Husband is Not Fulfilling His Responsibilities

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah 

My husband came to the USA just over a year ago on a green card sponsored by me. He moved out to live in a separate apartment just after 3 months. Now, for the last 9 months he does not talk to me and does not pick up my calls. I went to his apartment with my 6 year old daughter but he did not open the door. I have complained to my father and mother in law regarding this issue but they did not help me. They take his side and tell me that all your problems are because you do not respect him. The only message they send me is to be patient. What does the Islamic Shari‘ah say about this situation? I do not have a job and with a 6 year old daughter I am staying with my parents. I am depressed and sometime go through psychological problems. I can complain to USA immigration but I do not want to do that that with the hope that everything may become OK one day in near future. Please provide your advice on what I should do?

Last time I spoke with him and he told me that I will not divorce you and also will not accept you. We will raise our daughter living separately. I want to seek Shariah advise as my parents are asking me to seek legal advice from attorneys about my rights and his religious responsibility. He has put my phone on block and threatened me that he will call police if I try to talk to him again. I am very desperate and lonely, please help.


Walaikumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

If you reside in or close to Chicago, we recommend that you contact the ulamah kiram of Al-Majlis Al-Shar‘ai or any other darul-qadha of ahl-e-haq ulamah kiram to request a resolution of this issue. In addition, before you go to bed every night when you are done with your daily routine, read Surah Ikhlas 41 times with 11 times Durood Shareef at the beginning and at the end to get the desired resolution of this issue. Make dua to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala and then while thinking about your husband go to sleep.



Question ID: 140 Category: Miscellaneous
شوہر حقوق ادا نہیں کرتا

السلام علیکم ورحمۃ اللہ وبرکاتہ

میرے شوہر قریب ایک برس پہلے میرے فراہم کردہ گرین کارڈ پر امریکہ آئے۔ صرف ۳ مہینے بعد ہی وہ ایک الگ گھر میں منتقل ہو گئے۔ اب پچھلے ۹ مہینے سے وہ نہ مجھ سے بات کرتے ہیں نہ ہی میرا فون اٹھاتے ہیں۔ میں ان کے مکان پر اپنی ۶ سالہ بیٹی کےساتھ گئی لیکن انھوں نے دروازہ نہیں کھولا۔ میں نے اپنے ساس اور سسر سے اس مسئلے کی شکایت کی ہے لیکن وہ میری مدد نہیں کرتے۔ وہ ان کی طرفداری کرتے ہیں اور کہتے ہیں کہ میرے تمام مسائل اس وجہ سے ہیں کہ میں ان کی عزت نہیں کرتی۔ واحد چیز جو وہ مجھے کرنے کے لئے کہتے ہیں وہ صبر ہے۔ اسلامی شریعت اس مسئلے میں کیا حکم دیتی ہے؟ میرے پاس کوئی ذریعہ معاش نہیں اور میں اپنی ۶ سالہ بیٹی کے ساتھ اپنے والدین کے ساتھ رہ رہی ہوں۔ میں ذہنی طور پر بہت پریشان اور دباؤ کا شکار ہوں۔ میں امریکہ کے امیگریشن کے ادارے میں شکایت درج کر سکتی ہوں لیکن میں ایسا اس لئے نہیں کرنا چاہتی کہ شاید ایک دن سب کچھ ٹھیک ہو جائے۔ براہ کرم اس بارے میں میری راہنمائی فرما دیں۔

آخری بار جب میری ان سے بات ہوئی تھی تو انھوں نے کہا تھا کہ نہ وہ مجھے چھوڑیں گے نہ اپنائیں گے۔ اور یہ کہ ہم اپنی بیٹی کو علحدہ رہتے ہوئے ہی پرورش کریں گے۔ میں شرعی تعلیمات جاننا چاہتی ہوں چونکہ میرے والدین وکیلوں سے میرے قانونی حقوق وغیرہ کے تعلق سے رائے لینے کے لئے کہہ رہے ہیں۔ انھوں نے میرا فون بھی بلاک کر دیا ہے اور یہ بھی کہا ہے کہ اگر میں نے ان سے رابطے کی کوشش کی تو وہ پولیس کو کال کر دیں گے۔ میری مدد فرمائیں، میں بہت پریشان اور اکیلی ہوں۔والسلام.



وعلیکم السلام ورحمہ اللہ

آپ اگر شکاگو ہی میں رہتی ہیں تو اس سلسلہ میں براہِ راست شریعہ بورڈ یا کسی قریبی اہل حق کے دار القضاء سے رجوع ہوکر مسئلہ کی یکسوئی کرلیں،مناسب رہے گا۔اور ساتھ میں رات کے وقت سب کاموں سے فارغ ہونے کےبعد ۴۱ مرتبہ سورۂ اخلاص شروع اور اخیر میں ۱۱،۱۱ مرتبہ درود شریف کے ساتھ اس مقصد کے حصول کے لئےپڑھیں،بارگاہِ الہی میں دعا کریں،اور اس کے بعد ان کا خیال کرتے ہوئے سوجائیں۔