Monday | 25 September 2023 | 9 Rabiul-Awal 1445
Gold NisabSilver NisabMahr Fatimi

Fatwa Answer

Question ID: 1337 Category: Rights

As salaamu alaikum 

Me and my Husband have had problems in our marriage for a long time, he abandoned me 3 years ago and now My husband has given my conditions for me to have no contact with my family which means my Parents and sister, he says if I contact them he will give me a divorce. I want to know if this is right for him to give me such conditions in Islam. My husband thinks of himself to be extremely Islamic and who follows Shariah. Since he abandoned me 3 years ago I have been with my parents.
My husband also uses bad language to my family, I don't know what to do. He was in India during 2020 the whole year, and his mom and sisters said he is looking for girls to marry for second marriage. He has given me a lot of stress. Please let me know what is right in Shariah, is it right for him to ask me to leave my parents and never speak to them?

بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم

الجواب وباللہ التوفیق

It is not permissible according to shari'ah for your husband to insult you and impose such a condition. This is the rule of abstinence, which Islam does not allow at all.

It is better for you to help resolve your issues through influential members of your family, or approach directly to a court of law and settle the matter there.

واللہ اعلم بالصواب